The next teacher training program will begin in the Spring of 2019. Check back here for updates and dates for the next information session.
Ever dream of turning yoga into a lifestyle?
Since 2010 Liberation Yoga has proudly offered a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour teacher training, with our graduates teaching yoga professionally both at Liberation, throughout the Hudson Valley, and beyond. Our program focuses on developing the skills necessary to become a yoga teacher but is excellent for those who don’t intend to teach but want to deepen their own practice well beyond what is possible in group classes.
This deeply immersive experience is a journey into the heart of yoga and is a transformative experience on a personal as well as professional level. It is intended for anyone who has been practicing yoga for some time (we recommend at least 2 years) and is ready to commit themselves more fully to yoga as a life practice. Upon completion of the course, graduates will be nationally certified with the Yoga Alliance and will have the knowledge, confidence, and skills to take their love of yoga into the world as yoga teachers.
- In-depth training in alignment of major asanas.
- Vinyasa Krama: the art of sequencing a class.
- Sanskrit pronunciation of traditional asanas, key terms, and some important sutras.
- Yoga Philosophy: an in-depth look into the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Anatomy Study, with a focus on the anatomy of key asanas.
- Jnana Yoga & the Subtle Body: Chakras, Nadis, and Yoga Psychology.
- Practice Teaching: Training includes hours of practice to prepare our teachers for hands-on work with students. Including a special class on Assists, Observation of Students, and Demonstration of Asanas.
- An Introduction to Ayurveda: The sister-science of yoga.
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Special classes addressing Kids Yoga, Prenatal, and the Business of Yoga.
- And much more!
This is an intensive course, with significant self-study, homework, and class attendance required. Prior to embarking on this profound journey, it is recommended that a student take classes with the primary teachers (David and Adrea), and either attend one of our informational meetings or meet with one of the teachers to go over the requirements and make sure that we are a good fit for each other. Please contact the studio with any questions or stop in to take class!